Celebrate Summer Kiwi StyleCelebrating summer in New Zealand.....
Whether you’re a Kiwi, maybe you are visiting New Zealand or perhaps you are planning a trip?
No matter which time of the year you here, there is something to be celebrated in every season, however there is something special about NZ in the Summer time!
Our summer months are December, January and February with the average temperature range being between 20 – 30 Celsius. Children and students are on holiday and it’s celebration time with Christmas, New Years and festivals a plenty.
Everywhere you go you are not far from the water… be it sandy beaches, rivers or clear blue lakes… there is something for everyone.
Summer is peak travel time in New Zealand and for obvious reason, the days are longer. With daylight savings the day can last long into the evening (after 9:30pm) meaning it is the perfect time for adventures! Road trips, hikes, day walks, picking fruit, visiting wineries, the beach, picnics in the park, snorkelling, swimming, surfing, mountain Biking? The options really are endless!
The UV levels in New Zealand can be harsh, protect yourself when you are outside. Apply sunscreen, wear a hat, use an umbrella or a tree for shade and don’t forget your sunglasses! The summer days can be very hot but when the sun goes in it gets much cooler so it is best to carry light layers.
Travel tips for travelling in Summer –
- Book in advance to avoid disappointment! NZ is a very popular destination. Reserving your spot early can also minimise cost. Get in touch about your vacation and we can sort you out!
- Choose transport that suits you. Driving isn’t something you have to do, we have coach tours to take you around all your NZ destinations. Unless a summer roadie is what you are after – we can take of this too!
- Have your itinerary planned, take note of travel times – and take care when driving.
- Stay sun smart!
- Pack for all seasons, Although the weather is warm when the sun goes it can be much cooler.
- Stay water safe – Be aware of dangers, obey all safety warnings, know your limit.
- Drink plenty of water!
- Insect repellent –Particularly in the South (Fiords, Queenstown, West Coast). Ouch, how the sand flies bite!
Get in touch today and discover our tours for your next New Zealand vacation!
Enjoy a holiday with the family this summer!This summer, bring the family together and enjoy New Zealand’s great outdoors. As we like to call it “the Kiwi backyard”, there are a myriad of things to see and do for the family. Visiting places such as Auckland, the Coromandel, Rotorua,... read more
C & P, Australia -
Thank you for your enquiry, we'll be in touch with you soon.